Beaverton Oregon: "Something for Everyone"
Beaverton is directly connected to the vibrant city of Portland and nestled amongst the verdant farm fields of Western Washington County. The city offers a strong business environment and the attractions of a large metropolitan area, but still has a home-town feel. Its business core is growing and its urban population is increasingly diverse. Residents enjoy a wide variety of cultural and recreational opportunities, an award-winning parks district, high-achieving schools and a community-oriented government. Headquarters of global companies like Nike and Tektronix support the local economy along with many small and medium sized businesses.
Beaverton is known as a family friendly city and for its many attractive and well-planned neighborhoods. Residents enjoy easy access to a complete range of community services, including the Portland metropolitan west-side's largest shopping district and dozens of churches serving all denominations. The City has a vast amount of "Green Space" with over 100 parks encompassing 1,000 acres. A park is located within a half mile of every home and the City features 30 miles of hiking trails and a 25-mile network of bike paths. Beaverton residents are able to enjoy many outdoor activities with ski slopes and ocean beaches a little more than an hour away...
If this sounds like the perfect place for you, then there's no better time to start searching for homes.
Fun Facts About Beaverton:
- Beaverton lies 7 miles west of downtown Portland in the heart of the “Silicon Forest”, the economic lifeblood of the region. Some 300 high tech companies are located there.
- Beaverton covers about 18 square miles with about 83,000 residents
- Beaverton is the 5th largest city in the state and the second largest suburb in the metro area.
- Beaverton offers a wide variety of housing stock, ranging from single-family houses on quiet cul-de-sacs to urban-core condominiums near shops and light rail transit stations.
- Beaverton offers a variety of family activities and amenities including the region’s largest farmers market, a new library, more than 100 parks encompassing over 1,000 acres in addition to several miles of bike paths and hiking trails that Beaverton Oregon is famous for. There is a park located within a half mile of every home!
- Beaverton is also conveniently located within an hour’s drive of popular natural resources, including the Oregon coast, Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge.
- Beaverton Zip Codes are 97005, 97006, 97007, 97008 and the Area Code is 503
- The Max Line also connects to the city making for an awesome commute.
- There are 46 schools in the Beaverton School District, making it the 3rd largest district in Oregon
Beaverton Neighborhoods Include:
- Central Beaverton
- Denney Whitford
- Denny Whitford
- Five Oaks
- Neighbors Southwest
- Raleigh Hills / Raliegh West
- Sexton Mountain
- South Beaverton
- Triple Creek
- West Beaverton
- West Slope
- Search Homes Here
City Website: http://thegardnerteam.net/frame.asp?frameurl=http://www.beavertonoregon.gov/
County Website: http://www.co.washington. or .us
State Website: http://www.oregon.gov/
Business Licenses: http://www.beavertonoregon.gov/departments/finance/finance_license.html
Economic Development: http://www.beavertonoregon.gov/departments/economicdev/
- Department of Environmental Quality 811 SW Sixth Avenue Portland, Oregon 97204-1390 / 503-229-5696
- PGE Outages and Repairs 503-464-7777 or 800-544-1795
Portland General Electric (PGE) 503-228-6322 or 800-542-8818
- Aloha Garbage Company / 503-649-6727
Complaints or Questions about Service / 503-526-2665
Garbarino Disposal Service / 503-647-2335
Pride Disposal Company / 503-625-6177
Valley Garbage and Recycling Inc. / 503-643-7063
Walker Garbage Service / 503-626-3677
Waste Management / 503-249-8078
West Slope Garbage / 503-292-8173
- City of Beaverton Water / 503-526-2257
Raleigh Water District / 503-292-4894
Tualatin Valley Water District / 503-642-1511
West Slope Water District / 503-292-2777
- Comcast 9605 SW Nimbus Ave Beaverton, Oregon 97008 / 503-605-6000
DirecTV 10575 SW Cascade Ave Portland, Oregon 97223 / 971-223-0689
Dish Network 7370 SW Durham Rd Tigard, Oregon 97224 / 503-670-4665
Start searching for ALL Beaverton Homes for Sale. For more information about living in Beaverton, contact Jason Gardner, local real estate specialist with The Gardner Team at Hasson Company Realtors for all your local and/or relocation residential, lots & land, new construction and luxury home needs.
Buyer/Seller Direct (971) 832.1234 | email@example.com